8.07.2009

Party at the rich kids' house...

Walking the neighborhood barefoot watching the moon and listening to Solange's ''Cosmic Journey.'' It's a little less than three weeks until my return to Morehouse. I suppose I should consider this my last phase of the 22star14 transition. This phase is pretty hard but the funny thing is this step is nowhere near as difficult as the first.

CAN YOU MAINTAIN COMPOSURE AND CONFIDENCE IN THE FACE OF INVOLUNTARY SOLITUDE?

This is the test of the next couple of weeks. I use the word solitude because over the years, the Supreme has taught me that I'm never alone; however, currently, the faces i trust enough to turn to in the midnight hours when something drives me from my bed to the moonlit streets of the world are and have faded into the very darkness i avoid. Solitude. One republic's song says all i need is the air i breathe and a place to rest my head. And even when I am down to the most meager of resources, i refuse to let go of my dreams, my goals, my values, or my self worth. Stay tuned for the final chapter of the transition. Even i don't know the grand finale... But i do know that I'm in store for nothing but absolute success.

No comments:

Post a Comment