5.15.2009

3.6 Goals and Anxiety Disguised as Ambition


This summer marks my transition into 22star14, the movement into Jireh with swag/confidence/style/social skills. There are a couple of goals I want to be sure to accomplish during this transition so I'll be ready to enter next semester in full 22star14 mode.

Overall 2009-10 Goals:
  • Be a UNCF Mellon Fellow
  • Do a bang-up job as Spriggs-Borough Secretary
  • Become an anchor for TigerTV
  • Be cast as Bill Flynn for CHICAGO & a fall production with Spelman's Drama Department
  • Make Spring Tour (MCGC)
  • 4.0 GPA (I got close with a 3.6 freshman year)
  • Faithful & Drug free (peer pressure is a B)

Writing Goals:
  • Write one full length play (based of The Street by Ann Petry), one one-act play, and one ten minute play
  • Explore my genre of magical realism through Gabriel Garcia Marquez & Italo Calvino
  • Begin projects for Spelman's Aunt Chloe Lit. Magazine
  • Read at least 10 plays

Social Goals:
  • Be more social, friendly, and not as standoffish
  • Fashion: develop my image as a new age hippie
  • Work out abs, legs, & arms
  • Not use my relationship as a crutch/cure all/distraction, but rather as the support system it should be--and addition to my life, not its crux.

So obviously some of these goals are fairly far fetched (or at least idealistic); however, you have to shoot for the moon if you want to reach the stars. This is my second installation for the 22star14 phase.

Take Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment