6.01.2009

22star14 Sermon

This is not, in fact, a Devil Wears Pantsuit update--instead, I have a 22star14 revelation on my spirit this morning. Saints, turn with me to the book of Annotations, Chapter 11, Verse 2. And it reads thusly: "Soeth a man tryeth, then shall he suceedeth--but whensoever that same man suceedeth, soeth shall he discover the loneliness of his growth." Mmph, loneliness of growth (yes, Lord.) Now put a pin in that and let's visit Lawrence Peter in the book of Matriculation 7:1, where the Supreme spoke to him in a dream saying "A person will only be promoted to his highest level of incompetence." Y'all didn't hear me this morning; I said a person will only be promoted to their HIGHEST level of INcompetence. Now I know some of you under the sound of my voice are saying, "Minister, Peter Lawrence didn't know nothing about interpreting dreams--how in the world can INcompetence lead to any kind of promotion?" Well, I'm going to tell you, Saints, that when I asked for clarity on this specific passage, the word blessed me (Yes it did.)

Now when you first get a job, you don't know nothing about how to do that job excellently; you have to go through training. And once you master this training, you have to prove to your boss that you are what, saints? Competent! (Y'all don't hear me.) And when the boss sees you become competent in the entry level, you get promoted to the next level--a level you don't know diddly squat about. (Say amen somebody.) You become incompetent again...Somebody told me like this: The master said to the servant, you've been faithful over few things (can I get some help in here?) now I can make you ruler over many things!

So don't get weary in well doing; don't be scared because you're not competent yet! If you were already competent, you wouldn't need promoting. The Supreme is just getting you ready, saints! Now turn back to Annotations for me. Go back to those last four words. Say them together, saints: Loneliness of that growth: Ladasha an'em aren't going to be with you all the way. Once you get promoted, you find a new posse--folks that walk like you, talk like you, and can help you reach that level of competence that is going to skyrocket you to the next level. Now don't get me wrong, you can still visit with Ladasha an'em, but don't get mad at the Supreme because they aren't going where you're going. The Supreme has special plans for everybody. Yes it may get lonely sometimes (Can I get a witness?) but you have to stay steadfast and work to achieve the life you want for yourself.

That's why you're dealing with The Devil Wears Pantsuit.

That's why you're keeping track of your growth through blog.

That's why you pray constantly and ask your personal team of agents (Trinity) to watch your back and keep you in check.

And that's why this year (say it with me, saints, THIS YEAR) you will accomplish all your 22star14 goals and more...

2 comments:

  1. AMEN, BROTHER!!!!

    i agree with 'new posse...that is going to skyrocket [me] to the next level.'

    Ive talked to you about finding a 'posse' that isnt complacent. i try not to surround myself with individuals who are happily complacent (or even unhappily complacent but does nothing about it). those type ppl have the potential to hinder my growth.

    good sermon, minister holder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen,

    lord done blessed your heart good. done blessed it right good....i do declare reverend you on to something great. i pray for your continued success and growth, as i hope you do to me.

    ReplyDelete